Top 10 Skiing/Snowboarding Movies of All Time
It's winter and you know what that means, time to get out in the snow and hit the slopes. Oh, you don't have snow? Well this list will highlight exactly what you're missing to the point that you will want to take that grand road trip to the closest ski resort near you. Or... you will understand the perils of mother nature during her cold months and never venture out of the house again.
10. Snowboarding Academy - A ski-resort owner's son challenges his younger brother (Corey Haim) to turn novice snowboarders into professionals in two weeks.
09. Winter Break - Matt (Milo Ventimiglia) has just graduated college. Time to join the work force and be an adult, right? Not! His best friend, Peter (Eddie Kaye Thomas) and wild school buddies convince him to winter in Aspen instead. This hilarious no holds barred vacation takes an unexpected turn when Matt falls in love with Michelle (Maggie Lawson) and must decide between money and career or following his heart.
08. Chalet Girl - Pretty tomboy Kim Matthews (Felicity Jones) used to be a champion skateboarder - but now she's stuck in a dead end job trying to support her Dad. Opportunity comes knocking in the form of a catering job in the one of the most exclusive chalets in the Alps. At first, Kim's baffled by this bizarre new world of posh people, champagne and skiing - but then she discovers snowboarding, and the chance to win some much-needed prize money at the big end-of-season competition. But before she can become a champion again, Kim's going to have to dig deep to overcome her fears.
07. Aspen Extreme - T.J. (Paul Gross) and his friend Dexter (Peter Berg) quit their jobs in Detroit to become ski-instructors in Aspen. While T.J. advances to the most popular instructor of the school during the season, he has to take care for Dexter, who's future is less bright and who's eventually thinking about jobbing as drug courier - bringing their friendship to a test. Meanwhile the rich business woman Brice supports T.J. in his writing ambitions and invites him to live at her home. But in her absence he falls in love with the stunningly beautiful blond radio moderator Robin.
06. Better Off Dead - Lane Meyer (John Cusack) is a teen with a peculiar family and a bizarre fixation with his girlfriend, Beth (Amanda Wyss). When Beth dumps Lane, he decides to kill himself, making bumbling attempts at suicide. Outside of his morbid endeavors, Lane spends time with his oddball buddy, Charles (Curtis Armstrong), and befriends Monique (Diane Franklin), a visiting French student. Eventually, Lane resolves to race Beth's obnoxious new beau on the ski slopes, with unexpected results.
05. Out Cold - For snowboarders Rick (Jason London), Luke (Zach Galifianakis), and their buddies, life at the Bull Mountain ski area is about partying hard, looking for girls, and doing anything for a good time! But when the town's founder dies, his son decides to sell the mountain to a sleazy developer (Lee Majors) who's intent on turning Bull Mountain into a slick yuppie ski resort!
04. Ski School - Skiing is a high stakes game for Reid Janssens (Mark Thomas Miller), the preppy, pretentious and very serious skier who rules the slopes. And then there's Dave Marshak (Dean Cameron), a reckless party animal, but with equally impressive skills on white powder. Like oil & water, these two do not mix. So, it's a fight to the finish as they set out to win the title in the end-of-season downhill race, which tests their endurance as they battle one another on and off the slopes in the action-comedy Ski School.
03. Ski Patrol - Pops (Ray Walston) is the longtime owner of an easygoing ski lodge, but its future is put in jeopardy by cutthroat businessman Sam Maris (Martin Mull). Intent on replacing the lodge with an enormous resort, Maris schemes to get Pops' lease revoked. What he doesn't count on is the mountain's madcap ski patrol. As the crazed crew leaps into action to save Pops' business, Maris begins to wish he'd never thought of building his eyesore on their winter playground.
02. Hot Tub Time Machine - Seeking to bring some youthful optimism back to their failed, miserable lives, three middle-aged guys--Adam (John Cusack), Nick (Craig Robinson), and Lou (Rob Corddry)--go to a mountain ski resort where they have spent some of their wildest days. After a boozed fulled dip in the titular hot tub sends them swirling back to 1986, where each of them decides to risk changing the future by doing things just a little differently.
01. Frozen - Nice guy Dan (Kevin Zegers), his best friend Lynch (Shawn Ashmore), and Dan's new girlfriend Parker (Emma Bell) decided to cut a few corners in pursuit of more time on the slopes. Miscommunication with the staff results in the trio getting stuck on a lift some 60 feet in the air just moments before the resort closes for the week. The hope for rescue soon dwindles, and the trio faces the decision to either endure the elements or somehow make their way to the ground without injury.